Thursday, October 14, 2010

Meeting my Course Objectives

My course objectives are:

1- Become familiar with various tools and software, and learn how to integrate these tools into education, as well as other forms of technology.

2- Learn how to legally take from the web and use it, without infringing on copyright law, privacy, or general usage policies.

3- Learn how to develop an interactive learning environment where everyone gives and takes.


The class course objectives upon which we decided:

1- Discover the different types of social media on the web, including current web 2.0 platforms as well as a history of web 2.0 and its earliest platforms

2- Discuss the future and what it means for the web and social media.

3- Become familiar with various tools and software, and learn how to integrate these tools into education, as well as other forms of technology for both private and professional purposes.

4- Learn how to be "collaborative" when it comes to using the Internet

5- Learn how to develop an interactive learning environment where everyone gives and takes.

6- Learn how to troubleshoot tech and website issues that could occur in a workplace or personal setting so they can be resolved quickly .


I feel as though I have a good grasp on my objectives, except for developing an online learning environment. I have learned how to use a lot of tools but I haven't combined them into a truly interactive learning environment. I guess that Classroom 2.0 is the closest thing I have done so far, but I want to do more. One way I would like to accomplish this is through my individual web site project, as well as the suggestion I had for our group to develop a Wikiversity class. I would like to explore Classroom 2.0 more. Perhaps I will integrate this into my website, as I will be integrating several blog sites, YouTube, etc... We took a glance at copyright, though I am continuing to investigate this. I developed a Google site for my favorite team, the Carolina Hurricanes, and I incorporated the ability to trade tickets on the site. However, I want to include a disclaimer to dispel the liability from myself. I will investigate this and continue to learn as needed in this area.

With regard to the classroom objectives that differed from my own, I need to learn about troubleshooting tech issues. I plan on finding an excellent tech Wiki or online group that I can utilize in the future to help me with any issues I may face. I am investigating the future of social media and technology in another class and I feel that I am advancing nicely in that area. With regards to "being collaborative," our projects are really going to help out with that. Google documents is nothing. We are going to use some awesome new tools and means of communicating in order to accomplish our goals and I am looking forward to working with everyone on these projects.

I guess that's it for now. This field has already changed as I am writing this. Like Lester said, "We are always beginners..." so the learning and investigation never stop. We have to stay current and continue our education on our own in order to remain productive in the realm of social media. Comfort is a luxury that can't be afforded in this arena.

No comments:

Post a Comment