Monday, September 27, 2010

Classroom 2.0

O.K. I LOVE THIS!!!   There is so much potential here.  After receiving my acceptance, I opened the account and I saw that everything was very intuitive.  It was like having an interactive Microsoft Outlook, but about 1,000,000 times better.  The themes were decent and the use of gadgets is a nice feature.  Now, I have my YouTube channel loaded onto 'my apps' within Classroom 2.0.  None of this would be possible without Web2.0, really.  Email, calendar, blogger, you name it and it's here, all designed and integrated for online classroom use.  I have to say that I think I like this more than Moodle (no offense D.I.).  It just seems like it would be so easy to have everything there, all together. It's very effective and very nice.  I give it a 5 out of 5!

It was easy to set up, thoroughly designed, and integrated nicely.  No complaints here, except for maybe some customization options that weren't there, such as creating themes and templates.  For instance, with Google Apps and Google Education Suite, you can create a template for all of your users to use with their sites. I didn't see anything like that here.  However, with Google it is just one site, you don't have everything integrated and if you wanted it to be integrated you would have to do it yourself.  Still, I don't think anything like this is even possible with Google Sites. Classroom 2.0 rules!

Brad on Classroom 2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment