Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wikipedia

Wikipedia is a classic example of how to implement something.  When the concept of a Wiki came onto the web, it was meant for discussions and archiving more than anything else.  But, Wikipedia showed the world the magnitude of the possible implications of using Wikis.  Only through the Internet could something like this be possible.  It really is amazing when you stop and just look at the big picture.  Look at what we are creating.

At first, editing the pages was a little uncomfortable.  I found myself simply copying the formatting already on the page to give the page some consistency.  The challenge came when I had to create my own page.  I then had to really knuckle down and dig a little deeper.  The word processing toolbar really isn't complicated and it is quite easy to use.  The only thing you have to get accustomed to is looking at your page in the text view as opposed to the formatted view that you see when you either preview or save the page.  Apart from that, it was simple and effective. 

It feels good to be contributing to this resource that I have utilized so much in my personal and professional life. Check out my profile on Wikipedia!

No comments:

Post a Comment